This course introduces Monte Carlo models, calculating the value of information, and the importance of quantifying risk tolerance. If you have not yet purchased or enrolled in this course, please click here.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
Scroll down to see the course syllabus and information about your instructor. At the bottom of this page is the list of online modules for this course. Click on the name of the first module to get started, or simply press the “Start Course” button below. Required and optional materials can be downloaded from the “Materials” tab above. Please download the Power Tools spreadsheet and follow along with the examples in the videos. Further instructions are included in the introduction video in the first module.
To understand how Monte Carlo models can be used to analyze a decision and give insight into planning further measurements as well as comparing the results to a stated risk tolerance.
None – However, “How to Measure Anything” (either the executive overview or a special topics elective) is suggested.
- CBT Modules: 5 (approx. 2 hrs)
- Quizzes: 4
- Excel Power Tools: examples and templates for computing information value, quantifying risk tolerance, and running simple simulations
- PDF copy of PowerPoint slides
Recommended Next Courses
Calibration, Creating Simulations in Excel, Statistical Measurement Methods Basic & Intermediate
About the Office Hours
Use the form on the right to sign up for office hours. Upon submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email and a calendar invitation.
- This time is reserved for students to come and ask questions about the course or related content and to interact with a live instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for attending this session besides being enrolled in the course.
- You can book multiple sessions while you are actively enrolled in the course, but please no more than one per week per course.
Note: This service is provided to supplement your online course material; it is not intended to replace any of the recorded content or review quizzes.