This installment in Doug Hubbard’s successful “How to Measure Anything” series will reveal how quantitative methods, using prepared spreadsheet templates, can be applied to even the most difficult measurement problems in project management. Douglas Hubbard will describe how to use his methods to measure any intangible, think of risk like an actuary, and look at project management decisions in a quantitative way that is proven to improve decision-making performance.
The session consists of an introductory overview of the topics listed below that are covered more extensively in our private HTMA: PM Seminar:
- Understanding what’s wrong with current PM “measurements” like risk matrices
- Thinking about project measurements and project risk more like a scientist and actuary
- Approving and prioritizing projects
- Building a Monte Carlo Simulation of a project with Excel
- Knowing what to measure based on the Value of Information calculations
- Modeling and measuring the risk of project failure
- Assessing the true cost of scope creep
- Assessing team performance and project “intangibles”
- Modeling and measuring resource risk such as turnover, key person risk, etc.
- Conducting measurements before, during and after a project using prepared Excel spreadsheets
The goal is that each participant will be informed about how they can measurably improve project performance today – and reap benefits for the future.
Scheduling and Deliverables
Each participant will receive an email 1 day prior to the webinar date containing an invite to the Webex presentation. Just click on the link to join the Webex on the scheduled day.
Following the presentation, each participant will receive another email with:
- A link to a recording of the presentation
- The slide deck used in the presentation
Schedule a Private Webinar for Your Organization
We offer private webinar sessions for an organization with special discounted group rates. Contact us for more information and to schedule your next training session.
To continue to shop click here.