The Failure of Risk Management Webinar: Why It’s Broken and How to Fix It
The biggest risk to an organization is a failed risk management system. In this 2-hour webinar, based on Doug Hubbard’s ground-breaking book The Failure of Risk Management: Why It’s Broken and How to Fix It (now in its second edition), you’ll learn how risk management today is broken, and how organizations can fix their processes and do a better job protecting themselves from risk through proven quantitative methods.
How to Sign Up:
1. Select a date in the drop-down menu below and add to cart. Then, fill out your order information when you go to check out.
2. If you can’t make one of the scheduled dates listed below, you can still sign up and receive a recording (the live sessions are recorded). All registrants receive a recording link to the presentation, even if they can not attend.
3. If you can’t make one of the currently scheduled dates, email us so we can send you the next set of dates as soon as they become available.
The biggest risk to an organization is a failed risk management system. Based on the 2nd edition of Doug Hubbard's book The Failure of Risk Management, this webinar will cover how risk management is failing today, including taking a look at the critical - and dangerous - flaws of existing methods and how they expose organizations to even greater risk. Participants will also learn what they can do to improve their risk management systems by using proven, quantitative methods to reduce uncertainty and make better decisions. The webinar will explain:
- Critical problems with the most popular risk assessment methods
- Simple spreadsheet-based quantitative methods that can immediately improve your process
- How proper statistical analysis can be done even when data seems scarce
- A quick overview of more advance methods that the participants can aspire to
The goal is that each participant will be informed about the dangerous state of risk management today and can view their organization's own risk management strategies with a critical eye toward fixing flaws and getting better results.
Scheduling and Deliverables
Each participant will receive a Teams invite 1 week prior to the webinar date. The presentations are recorded. Following the presentation, each participant will receive another email with a link to the recording of their purchased session.
Each participant can access the materials from the presentation through the LearnDash course (under the Materials tab) following the presentation. This requires registering an HDR User account either at checkout or prior to the session. There is no work to be done prior to the session. The LD course also contains an optional post-session quiz.
Schedule a Private Webinar for Your Organization
We offer private webinar sessions for an organization with special discounted group rates. Contact us for more information and to schedule your next training session.
|The Failure of Risk Management: Dates||
Wednesday, May 24 10:00 am – 12:00 pm US CDT (UTC-5)