Creating Simulations in Excel: Intermediate (CBT and Live Workshop)
Learn how to improve on basic simulations in native Microsoft Excel that can lead to better decisions in any field. Unless you already have a professional expertise in Microsoft Excel, it is highly recommended to sign up for Creating Simulations in Excel: Basic training prior to signing up for this class.
How to Sign Up:
- Select a date in the drop-down menu for the 90-minute Live Workshop below and add to cart. Then, fill out your order information when you go to check out.
- You will receive the instructions to begin the CBT module one week prior to the live workshop. Please have worked through the module (takes approximately 1.5 hours) before your Live Workshop. If you can’t attend part or all of the Live Workshop, you will be given a recording of the workshop as well as an opportunity to attend a future workshop for this course instead.
Building on the Basic Simulations in Excel course, we will continue the discussion with some intermediate topics that will improve the performance and versatility of your decision models. Using only features of native Excel, you will learn how to:
- Model a portfolio of multiple decisions and a typical risk register.
- Understand how to incorporate additional distributions in your simulation including lognormal, beta and more.
- Use the time series and other techniques in the HDR pseudo random number generator.
- Learn to use more advanced Excel features, risk tolerance and more.
Participants will also gain access to Excel templates that expand upon the templates from the previous course with additional features.
After attending Intermediate Simulations in Excel, you’ll have the ability to improve upon an Excel simulation to help you answer the critical questions every successful decision requires.
Why You Need Simulations In Your Decision Models
What keeps every decision from being a great one is the fact that for every decision, there exists a range of uncertain future results, some of which will be a quantified loss. To calculate risk, we need a way to calculate thousands of the possible scenarios and outcomes that could happen to find out which are most likely.
Enter the Monte Carlo simulation. Born out of the Manhattan Project, the Monte Carlo simulation uses randomly-calculated values to run thousands of scenarios and calculate the most likely outcomes. Studies have shown how the use of a Monte Carlo simulation tool can measurably improve forecasts in everything from NASA unmanned space probe mission risk to the financial performance of oil exploration firms.
Simply put, the the Monte Carlo simulation is one of the best quantitative analysis tools we have available – and adopting it to make better decisions is one of the best decisions one can make.
Scheduling and Deliverables
Each participant will receive an email with a link to the Webex approximately 1-2 days before the live session. No pre-registration is required; simply click on the link at the appropriate time to join the session.
Following the session, each participant will receive:
- A recording of the presentation
- The slide deck used in the presentation
- Excel templates for the concepts covered in the training
Schedule a Private Webinar for Your Organization
We offer private webinar sessions for an organization with special discounted group rates. Contact us for more information and to schedule your next training session.
To continue to shop click here.
|Creating Simulations in Excel: Intermediate Webinar Dates (Please complete CBT prior to live webinar)||
Wednesday, August 26 9:00 am – 10:30 am CDT (UTC-5), Thursday, September 24 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm CDT (UTC-5)